Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
It's a picture of a Mommy and her two daughters. Flying overhead is a plane with a mouse jumping out of it....don't worry though.
The mouse has wings and will fly itself to safety.
So here's another drawing, I've been working on. It's actually an unfinished, henceforth abandoned detail from a comic page t I'm struggling with. I've started on this page twice and evey time thus far, I've given up on it. I find I usually have this, (we'll call it the problem of "false starts") when I haven't worked an idea out enough before hand.)
In other news, I have the guilty pleasure of getting not one, but two teeth drilled and filled today.
Nothing like that feeling...The four inch needle to numb my face, the sound of the whirring drill thingy, the impending feeling of it a fraction of a centimeter from hitting a nerve in my gums, the smell of burrowed out teeth stuff.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
It was a joy.
One thing that I occasionally like to do, that brings together my family life and my art life , is to sit down and draw with my children. They inspire me to want to draw new stuff. I tend to get comfortable drawing the same things and scared to try something new. My children on the other hand, just put pencil to paper and start rockin. Last night in a single sitting, my four year old drew two birds (a mean one and a nice one), a Thomas the Train, Cinderella and her Prince, and I collaborated with her on this one.
Here's the drawing we ended up doing together. It has a fun Halloweeen theme...
After that I bought her a flower and we went to the library together to check out some videos. We got home a little later, so it was about 9:46 pm before we got them all into bed. 9:46 kid bedtime + 10:30 ideal Tim bedtime = not much drawing time for the graphic novel.
So, I decide to go to bed, right?
Nope, not that smart. I sit down at about 10:09 to draw a little bit on pages 10 and 11. The clock keeps ticking...10:30...10:45...11:15...11:45...12:00...12:09!
Dangit, I did it again...stayed up too late drawing. 6:30 am rolls around and zombie man Tim gets up cursing his biorhythms for being a naturally nocturnal creature of the art.
But anyways, zombies aside, I'm excited about the graphic novel. It's coming. Here's a first glimpse of a page I finished inking....
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
1. WHO hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2. For he shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: He hath no form nor comeliness: and when we shall see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
4. Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.